Friday, October 10, 2008

a little bit of update

Hello there.

I was busy with stuffs, I guess today is the only day that I got the chance to update this thingy. Well, as you all know that I celebrated my raya in Singapore. Singapore was not that good actually for me. Heh. But the event that I attended was fab! Seriously. I was so inspired by the spirit that I saw from the participating teams.

I went to Singapore with Kak Nad (She's one of the SIFE Uniten's alumni), Abg.Sham (Kak Nad's husband), Kak Ju, Nini, Kak Dyla, Botak, Put and Zil. Didi and Suresh went with SIFE Malaysia. Kak Nad and Abg.Sham were our foster parents there. They took good care of us when we were there. Thanks to Kak Nad and Abg.Sham. We went there on September 30th at 11oo and we arrived there at 1600. We stayed at Fragrance Backpackers Hostel in Dunlop Street. That place was called 'little india'. Some sort like indian town. So, I'm very sure you can imagine how does that place looks like right? After checking in, we went out to find a place for 'buka puasa'. Since all of us had never been to Singapore, we do not know which place is the best to go. Then we found a banana leaf restaurant and we decided to eat there since waktu berbuka da sgt dekat. The food was okay I guess cuz I'm not a fan of nasi briyani much so I can't comment anything. Huhu. After that, we decided to take a walk and see what we can find in Singapore. We walked everywhere including Haji Lane, Arab Street, etc. But, Singapore was like so boring at night. It's like they don't have a life there. Sangat sunyi sepi. Most of the shops are closed. Hello?! It's only like 2130!! Adoi je la. After having a drink at one of the so called 'maple' at Haji Lane, we decided to walk back to our place. It was tiring.

Okay this was where the quite sedih part started. It was our 1st raya. We woke up quite early, had shower and so on. Then around 0815, we went downstairs to go to the mosque near our hostel. There was an Indian muslim mosque there. It was about 5 minutes walk to the mosque. When we arrived there, we did not see a single woman. All of them are men. Then, Kak Nad asked one of the men there, kat mana tempat solat org perempuan. Then that guy answered that women are not allowed to pray there during raya. They told us to go to another mosque. What?? Gila ke? As if kitorg tau je mana lagi satu mosque. Then they tried to find a room for us jugak so that we can pray there. But in order to get to the room, we have to rempuh all of the men there. OMG! Sangat sesak, sangat penuh dan sangat 'harum'. The room yg diorg bagi tu, sangat menyedihkan actually. I just do not know how to describe it. But the khutbah for hari raya was recited in their language and I don't understand a thing. Sangat sedih. After da solat tu, we went Kak Ju's aunt's house in Tempanise. We get to eat lontong there and some rendang. At least that felt like home. Huhu. After that we went to SIFE Cultural Fair. That fair was amazing. I really enjoyed it.

The competition starts on the 2nd of October. The final round was on the 3rd of October. The Canadian team, Indian team, Nigerian team and the Singaporean team get to go to the finals. The Canadian team won the competition and they really deserved to win it. They were great! Their presentation was the best and their projects were magnifique! their spirits were great. I pun tetbe bersemangat x tentu pasal bila tgk diorg bersemangat. Hehe
But whatever it is, I wanted to thank Didi for bringing me there. Thank you so much Didi. I've gained alot from that.

And yeah, kitorg x sempat g Sentosa Island. Too bad. But, never mind, at least I dapat something yg lagi bermakna from that. Hehe. Okay then, I guess thats all for today. Actually I wanted to tell you more, but not now, maybe some other time. I am missing my family so much right now. Miss my sisters sgt banyak. Miss going out with them. How I wish I was there with them. Haish.

Hope its not too late for me to wish Selamat Hari Raya to everyone!

xoxo
-zafirahrosland-

4 comments:

GurL-FriDay said...

you said the khutbah was delivered in their language. what language do the singaporeans speak? serious tak tahu. i thought they speak english in daily conversation? huhu.

we miss you too. so much. i have so many things to tell you. nak gossip². tell me when you're free, nak call!

Le pouvoir des trois said...

My dearest sister,
The mosque that I pegi tu was an INDIAN muslim punya mosque.
So, if INDIAN muslim, faham2 je la.
Huhu

-angah-

GurL-FriDay said...

ouh yeah, i missed the indian muslim part. no wonder they don't speak the same language. but how in the world did you guys end up there? haha. that's weird. weren't there any other mosque available in the neighbourhood?

Le pouvoir des trois said...

Actually ada je another mosque,
but then the mosque was quite far la.
Kitorg mane tau jalan.
So nak tanak kena la solat kat situ.
Huhu